When I look into my past days, the only thing about which I regret are those moments when I neglected to take care of my body. Most of the time I took it for granted that my body is the vehicle of my being which keeps me alive, active, productive and after all exist in this world. The first and foremost thing a human being should do from womb to tomb is to safeguard his/her body with its pristine purity. All those addictive substances and poisonous foods jeopardize the body. Even the excess of some emotions, like anger, anxiety, desire, lust are really more harmful than the first one.Food, exercise, rest and sleep, regular habits, neatness and cleanliness, air and light, punctuality and peace of mind are the primary conditions for good health.
I would like to suggest the following health tips for different organs:-
- 30 minutes meditation or contemplation for the brain and mind
- Brain storming on any concept for 30 minutes for brain
- 30 minutes brisk walk for the heart
- 12 glasses of water for the kidneys
- 10 minutes’ ‘pranayama’ (controlled breathing) for the lung
- Herbal oil massage once in every month for a healthy skin.
- Gauge after every meal and brush the teeth for healthy teeth and tongue
- Eat leafy vegetables and fruits for stomach and skin
- Reduce the intake of artificial sugars to have a good pancreas
- Reduce meat and alcohol for a healthy liver
- Avoid drinks that is too hot or cold for a healthy throat
- Stop squinting and wash with fresh water before going to bed for healthy eyes.
- Control anger and lust to lead a slow paced life
- practice yoga for at least 30 minutes for overall health of the body.
- Cultivate any good hobby for a good mental health.
- Listen to music and spend some time with children to relax the mind.
Some useful quotes
“If you cannot find the time to exercise, you better find the time to be sick”
“So many people spend their health gaining wealth and then to have spend their wealth to regain health.”
“early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.”