The CBSE has introduced ASL ( ASSESSMENT OF SPEAKING AND LISTENING) for high school students to assess the speaking and listening skills of students. I feet that it is a good evaluation tool as these two language skills are the two core skills one needs to master English Language. Here are some dos and don’ts
- Prepare a write up of what you are going to speak during the speaking assessment.
- Listen to the examiner properly.
- Speak with ease.
- Try to initiate discussion in the problem solving task.
- Be relevant, don’t ramble.
- Use connectives and conjunctions to join or link your ideas.
- Don’t be panic.
- Don’t read from a paper.
- Don’t interrupt.
- Don’t ramble.
- Don’t be artificial, be yourself.
- Don’t speak too fast or too slow.
- Don’t assume anything before hearing properly.
These are some important points to be careful of. Ultimately, be confident and all the best for your exam!